To build a sense of cultural locatedness within and beyond our centre to ensure we build authentic and respectful relationships with our community of learners.
Whanaungatanga – Respectful relationships
Tangata Whenuatanga – Cultural locatedness
Wananga – Open and honest communication
At Ako Rolleston we:
- Have fun and hear lots of laughter.
- Provide opportunities for holistic development according to interest and ability.
- Empower all akonga to develop and grow into capable and competent lifelong learners.
- Value whânau and community and understand that by working together tamariki receive high-quality education and the best possible outcomes.
- Value bicultural practice and acknowledge the principles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi, Partnership, Participation and Protection.
- Value all tamariki and their language, culture, and identity.
- Develop and maintain respectful and reciprocal relationships with all akonga, whânau and the wider community.
This philosophy is underpinned by each classroom’s philosophy that recognises their stages of development. Learn about our individual class rooms Ako Rooms.